Jimbo In Korea

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sheep and strawberries

What do people from Seoul do at the weekend? Apparently we go on tour buses to the countryside. We got to the meeting place at 7am and slept on the bus for three hours until we got to a sheep farm. This was only the second time in her life for meeting a sheep for Hyun Young. I was less enthused. We had lunch in Pyeongchang, which is one of the favourites to host the 2014 Winter Olympics. Korea should be thankful that I'm not on the IOC as the town doesn't look like it could host an egg and spoon race, let alone one of the world's biggest sporting events!! After lunch we went to a mountain spring which had the worst tasting water of my life. It was full of iron which is the excuse given for the taste.
We then drove to a strawberry farm where we picked strawberries and ate a ton of them ourselves. These strawberries are being used for tomorrows 'rum strawberry smoothy and Blackadder marathon' with Mike and Tisha.
I was the only foreigner on the tour and definitely got given some funny looks by everyone else. Although I redeemed myself by reading a whole passage of Korean in front of a group of them! We also got hassled by the two (cute) college student tour guides all day trying to take photos of us and getting me to set my friends up with them! Oh yea and the highlight has to be getting called handsome by a 50 year old ajumma!
Is this my future home?
Someone is excited about feeding the sheep.....
.....Someone else is not so excited!
Just like the woods at home (apart from the Koreans)
mmmm strawberries
Do we look like Indians?

Two more reasons why I'm half Korean:
19) I have a pink t-shirt
20) I ate kimchi for breakfast yesterday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home